Majors & Certificates
CIW DATABASE DESIGN SPECIALIST WITH SQL, JAVA, AND C-SHARP
The CIW Database Design Specialist Certification course at Lackawanna Colleges provides introductory vendor-neutral training for individuals planning to pursue a career in product-focused database specialization.
This course introduces you to DB2, Oracle Database 11g, MS SQL, and mySQL. You will also learn about Structured Query Language (SQL) and database optimization through normalization. In addition, students will receive training in SQL Introduction, JAVA programming, and Introduction to C Sharp.
WHY ENROLL IN OUR CIW DATABASE DESIGN SPECIALIST WITH SLQ, JAVA, AND C-SHARP PROGRAM?
IT is a growing sector of today’s job market, offering ample opportunities for those with the right knowledge, skills, and certifications. The average median pay for a certified professional CIW Database Design Specialist is approximately $77,000 per year.
CIW certification is the standard that businesses, academic institutions, and even governments look to when seeking database design specialists and other web technology employees. CIW’s industry recognition includes such corporations as Cisco, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, HP, BAE Systems, and Citibank as well as the US National Security Administration.
When looking to hire for IT positions of all kinds, today’s companies overwhelmingly seek applicants with CIW certification. Lackawanna College’s CIW Database Design Specialist Certification program is designed to prepare students for the CIW certification exam, so that they can go on to enjoy a new and exciting career in web technology.
WHAT’S INVOLVED IN OUR CIW DATABASE DESIGN SPECIALIST WITH SQL, JAVA, AND C-SHARP PROGRAM?
Tuition for the CIW Database Design Specialist Certification program is affordably priced at $3,500. The course comprises 160 hours spread out over 15 weeks, and because it is 100% online, that means students can learn at their own pace, with whatever schedule works best for their lifestyle. Additionally, all necessary learning materials are provided.
A cable or DSL internet connection is recommended for best results. It is also recommended that students have at least a basic knowledge of the purpose and function of a database. Also, students should be familiar with an operating system such as Microsoft Windows before taking this course.
WHY CHOOSE LACKAWANNA COLLEGE?
The goal of Lackawanna College’s CIW Database Design Specialist Certification program is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of database design and a practical skill set with which they can find gainful employment.
Areas of instruction include:
- Relational database fundamentals
- Database planning
- Database design methodology (including logical and physical database design)
- Optimization and normalization
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Relational algebra transactions and database security
Additionally, students will learn how to perform the following tasks with C#:
- Compile and run a basic C# program
- Write a C# application that uses labels, text fields, and buttons on a form
- Write C# code that uses numeric and string data in variables
- Write a C# application that uses conditional statements and loops
- Write C# code that includes methods and event handlers
- Write C# code that handles exceptions and validates data
- Write a C# application that uses date and string variables
- Add standard controls to their C# projects and create a multiform application
Students will learn how to perform the following tasks with Java:
- Compile and run a basic Java program
- Write Java code that uses data types such as numeric, string, and date time values
- Illustrate the knowledge of variables, types, values, definitions, and objects
- Write Java code that handles common errors and exceptions
- Write Java code that uses your own methods and modules
- Write Java applications that use your own classes
- Write Java code that uses arrays, collections, maps, and lists
- Write Java applications that use conditional statements and loops.
Students will learn how to perform the following tasks with SQL:
- Install MySQL and MySQL Workbench
- Write queries to retrieve data from one table
- Write queries to retrieve data from more than one table
- Write queries that summarize data
- Write queries that contain subqueries.
APPLY TO OUR IT CIW DATABASE DESIGN SPECIALIST WITH SLQ, JAVA, AND C-SHARP PROGRAM
CIW certification continues to be the gold standard that businesses of all kinds rely on to find the best, most knowledgeable employees to do the IT jobs that they need done right. The CIW Database Design Specialist Certification program at Lackawanna College is designed to help you meet that standard and go on to achieve your career goals. Apply today!
Explore Lackawanna. Search by career, interest or program.