Select Page

International Applicants

Is there a specific application for international applicants?

International applicants are required to submit the standard application for undergraduate admission.

Are international applicants required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Exam?

International applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to take the TOEFL. Decisions regarding TOEFL exemptions for students from non-English speaking countries who have studied in the United States or in another English speaking country will be made on an individual basis.

Is the SAT (Standardized Admission Test) required for international applicants?

The SAT is recommended, but not required, for international applicants. If the applicant has not taken the SAT, arrangements will need to be made with the International Admissions Advisor to take an additional assessment test. The International Admissions Advisor will be able to provide additional information regarding this assessment.

Are international applicants required to submit high school transcripts?

Yes. All international applicants are required to submit high school transcripts. These transcripts must be translated into English and include a graduation date.

What is the cost to attend Lackawanna College?

All costs associated with attending Lackawanna College can be found on our Tuition and Fees page.

Is financial aid offered to international students?

International students are not eligible for federal student loans in the United States.

How do international applicants obtain a student visa (I-20?)

International applicants must meet several requirements before a student visa (I-20) will be issued. These include:

  • Satisfy all the admission requirements listed above.
  • Be officially accepted to Lackawanna College.
  • Document that the student will be able to meet the cost of a full year’s tuition and living expenses by completing the Certificate of Financial Responsibility.
  • Once the Admissions Office receives all of your documentation, they will be able to process your student visa.

If I am an international student currently attending another college or university in the United States and wish to transfer to Lackawanna College next semester, is that possible?

Yes. You will need to begin this transfer process by applying and being accepted to Lackawanna College. Once you have done that, you will need to contact the International Student Office at your current school to have them initiate a transfer from your current school to Lackawanna College. Contact the International Admissions Advisor at Lackawanna College for more information.

Where do I send my application materials?

Please send all of your application materials to the address below:

Lackawanna College
ATTN: International Admissions Advisor
Admissions Office
501 Vine Street
Scranton, PA 18509

Who do I contact if I need more information?

Please contact the International Admissions Advisor at Lackawanna College for further inquiries at (570) 504-8094 or